Friday, August 22, 2008

KTV@TopOne

Just had a 4 hour KTV session with my beloved colleagues at Topone KTV in Bugis. Reason? To celebrate Benjamin making it to Bangkok? Or to reward Ms Wong for her effort all these while? Or to celebrate Michelle passing her PGI exam? Whatever, who says there needs to be a reason to sing and be merry? Anyway, this was actually my very first time there coz firstly, I usually patronise KBox or Partyworld and secondly, I really don't go out that often :p Anyway, I had to agree with Benjamin's recommedations to go to Topone coz firstly, selected drinks are free flow. Secondly, the price is reasonable (I didn't really go and compare but from past experience, it's not bad for a friday night) and most importantly and to my pleasant surprise, the songs are really updated, including my current favourites 萧敬腾 and 陈奕迅. Didnt attempt 萧敬腾's songs yet coz not in my best condition and I figured that to sing his songs and not get booed, i have to be at my best :p Did sang 陈奕迅's new song 不要说话. Great to find another song which I am comfortable with. Anyway, most of my colleagues are really "on" with singing so I kinda categorised them according to their unique characteristics and based on the hottest and most well known singers. So here we go:

Benjamin aka "王力宏"

His first song, or his warm up song, is always "落叶归根" and his "Kiss Goodbye" and "forever love" are great as well. A strong voice with the ability to hit the highest notes which i seriously envy.

Kenneth aka "张信哲"

I still remembered when we had our first ktv and we took a while to get Kenneth to sing and when he chose "过火", I was like "whoa". However, after he opened his mouth and sang, I was like "WHOA!". Haha his singing voice is very different from his talking voice which is why most of us were so surprised. His "不要对他说" is brilliant as well. He also like to choose Mayday's songs and get me to accompany him to sing or shout the high notes :p

Sinyee aka "Faye of F.I.R"

This is my personal opinion as though she usually sings from a variety of singers such as 孙燕姿, F.I.R and 张惠妹, her voice is kinda light and "floaty" which is the reason why I chose Faye in her category. Just a mention, she is my "partner" whenever I want to show off my chinese rapping with "中国话" and "有你真好" is kinda our friendship song.

Michelle aka "王菲"

I heard her sing for the first time today and I have to say her voice is quite good. She sang this " 催眠" and really impressed me a great deal. She also likes 张惠妹 and 郑秀文 but she still stood out as "王菲" for me.

Weizhong aka "周华健"

Haha not because of anything but because "朋友" is the first song which I heard him
sing. Has a deep, manly voice and hopefully will open up and sing more after a few more sessions.

Jason aka "张学友"

My boss, who actually sings quite well even though everytime he will first say no when we ask him to sing. I first heard him sing "我等到花儿也谢了" and haven't forgotten it till today.

Myself aka "?"

I honestly don't know who I can categorise myself with coz even though my warm up songs are usually "断点" and "江南", the songs which are chosen for me every time during a ktv session will be "牛仔很忙" and "中国话", thanks to my ability to sing or read the lyrics fast enough :p

There are others who i either can't categorise them yet (Ms Wong whose singing and knowledge of new songs surprised me greatly, Jaslyn who has a cute and "cartoon" voice) or haven't heard them sing before (KC, elaine and Gesmin). Well, with such an "on" batch of colleagues, I'm sure we'll have another KTV session soon and sing our hearts out!

No comments: