Friday, November 23, 2007

Goodbye Orchard Library

An end of an era...no I don't mean England's failure to qualify for the 2008 European Championship. I mean Orchard Library official closure on the 30th November. I've been hanging out at Orchard library ever since god knows when coz it's a different library as compared to the other community libraries in Singapore. It's more like a town library with a modern and hip image. Besides, this is the only place where I can find lots of my favourite reading materials: magazines, comics and chinese novels all in one library. Orchard library is a place where I'll always go to when I'm in town and it's surprising that some people actually do not know of its existence even though they have been to Takashimaya like a million times. Guess reading is still not that prevalent in Singapore. Anyway, for those who haven't been to Orchard library before, why not drop by and have a look? It is at the 5th level of Takashimaya and for convenience, feel free to use the escalator in Kinokuniya and u will arrive straight at its side entrance. Soon Orchard library will be history and I can only hope the relocated library does not lose its "modern" spirit. Thanks Orchard library for all the happy moments :D



My Spiritual Home




My fav english comics esp those from Marvel such as Spiderman, X-Men, F4...etc




My 2 fav chinese authors: 卫斯理(倪匡)and 吴淡如




My fav chinese comics such as Slam Dunk, Yugioh, Celestial Zone 1 and 2...etc.




My fav magazines about chinese entertainment and soccer :p

1 comment:

Ivan Chew said...

Nice to know that you cherish the library@orchard. There's a Moving On Party on the 30th (details here). Drop by if you can :)